Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Reward for Eating Peas

After Emma had taken her own sweet time to eat her peas and hot dogs she helped me make chocolate chip cookies! I've been looking forward to the day that we could bake together, and she was a great helper, even though I was a little nervous that the ingredients may end up on the counter. This was another opportunity for me to practice releasing control; I really tried my hardest to not worry about spills!
More than once Emma reached in the to touch what she had just put in. It's funny that it doesn't cross her mind that that would be unsanitary to touch all the food. It is hard to remember that these little kids don't know all these unwritten rules of society and unfortunately most of them get taught when I freak about what they are doing instead of realizing that they have never encountered that situation before. I sometimes expect her to know more than her mere 3 1/4 years of life experience. I also took this opportunity to tell her about more appliances that can never be touched unless Mom or Dad is with her. (It must be so confusing to be a little kid!) Siri had a great time practicing her climbing skills while there was space on Emma's chair!






Our finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment