Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Past Weekend

On Monday Emma went on her first date with Matt to Chuck E. Cheese's. He told her that that is what they were doing and she said, "Just like you and mom!" Matt said that she wanted to with Chuck E. Cheese in the booth while they are their pizza. She was so excited to be there (for the first time), and a little kid kept bugging her to play, so she only ate 1 piece! Matt also said that she liked the singing robots. Personally, those things always freaked me out when I was little. I get skeeved out just thinking about their jerky movements and annoying songs; a little like a side show at Coney Island.

This picture is Siri playing by herself on Tuesday. I tried to give her 'roomtime' when she was 12 months old, but she wouldn't have it. I started 'gating' her in her room again just last week, and she loves it (except today 'cause she is sick). Its always very quiet in there, and one time when I peeked in she was behind the door reading books, another time she was playing with the dolls. I am so glad that she's learning to play by herself. I think its a great quality for them to learn, and Emma did it so well, and still does. I was worried that Siri wouldn't get the same experience. The only difference is that Emma was talking by the time she was Siri's age, so she would be babbling away to herself, but Siri just squeals, and that's why she plays silently! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment