Monday, February 23, 2009

Dining Room



This is the dining room. Matt's mom, Helene, helped us paint the walls, and we finally got shades for the piercingly bright gaudy gold "chandelier." The tall cabinet in the corner is a cheapo from Ikea that we bought for our last apartment because it had less cabinet space that our apartment before that. It is really an eyesore, I think, and I would prefer a buffet, but it will do for now. It holds cookbooks and less used appliances, such as the ice cream maker and popcorn maker. My dining room table is from my parents. My dad found it in a thrift store in MN and it has four leaves and came with the four chairs. We had 3 leaves in it the other night, fit 10 people, and it was great. It would actually be tight with another leaf, and I'm not sure my table cloth would still fit, now that I've washed it! Anyway...more rooms to come. :)

1 comment: