Saturday, June 27, 2009

Art Class With Mom

Emma and I went to art class last Thursday. It was only $5, and I really wanted to see if she would enjoy it. Art is something that I love, but I don't want to make her take a whole string of classes of a subject that she doesn't enjoy! It was a fun time. The teacher was a little tardy, and consequently frazzled, and the first thing that she handed us was a connect the dots and a castle to color that were clearly printed off of the internet. I was thinking, "Well, for $5, maybe this is all we get." But connecting the dots was just the "appetizer" and Emma moved on to painting, mixing colors, cutting, and stamping. It was really fun to see her be artsy-fartsy, but when an hour was up she was DONE. I don't know how her little internal clock does it, but it was almost exactly an hour and she was walkin' out the door, telling me that she'd meet me outside! I highly recommend spending as much individual time with each kid, for those out there who have kids or may have them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment