Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sucesses and Flops

I thought I'd share a couple of my recent baking experiences. The first here are mini chocolate chip cupcakes; the cupcakes and the chocolate chips are mini. (Mini chocolate chips are my favorite creation!) For those who are wondering, for the frosting I started with a small bit of red, and as I frosted each cupcake I just added, to the superfluous colored frosting, a spoon of white frosting and more food coloring, in the direction that I wanted the colors to go.
This, below, was Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake, a Martha Stewart recipe, that I had been really excited to make. I was able to use one of my $5 vanilla beans and the strawberries were roasted! However, despite extending the baking time (because cheesecakes make me nervous) and cooling on a wire rack it was still mushy inside! The recipe said to refrigerate it for 4 hours, so I assumed that that meant to take it out of the spring form pan; this is what happened when I did. I did eat the 1/4-1/2" of cheesecake on the very top that did get firm. It was very good!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Your poor cheesecake!

    As for the cupcakes, I don't know if I should say "wow, you are amazing at life!" or "Wow, you have a lot of time on your hands!" LOL

    You're so creative and I wish I was more like you!:)

    ReplyDelete