Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Girls

This past weekend 5 girls from our former (sob!) synagogue and youth group came to visit! It was so great to see them, and it felt so great that they made the effort to drive all the way down here. (I say "effort" because 4 hours is not something that I look forward to, especially when it involves my kids sitting in the back seat, and so I forget that when you're in your late teens a road trip is fun! They came late on Thursday night and we stayed up late talking and then on Friday them and I went to D.C. to see the sights. It is different from NYC as that it is more of a walking city, and I say that because the sights are spread out, yet in the same vicinity, so we walked a ton, but the attractions weren't spread out enough to hop back on the metro, and the metro is not nearly as extensive as the NYC subway. So, needless to say, a couple of the girls (I won't name names) were pretty exhausted from walking. Then to top the day off we went to a museum :) as you can expect, those who don't really like walking wouldn't pick a museum as a fun thing to do with friends!
On Saturday we went to service, came home for lunch, and then the girls went to play ultimate frisbee with Matt and the youth from Son of David. That evening the girls and I went to Tysons Corner Center, a humungus mall, to shop and have dinner; and they set out for home the next morning. It was a great weekend, and Emma was so super excited to have her "best friends" around to lavish her with attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment