Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hanukkah


Hanukkah came early this year, just one week after Thanksgiving. Not that that helps anything or makes anything worse. This time of year is crazy for us, regardless. Two birthdays and 3 holidays in 5 weeks! Honestly I was a little frustrated because it seemed like every night of Hanukkah involved rushing to get dinner on the table, light the candles, clear the table and open presents, then enjoy the presents and try to wind down before bedtime. I'm going to work on this for next year, and I'm trying to think of a creative way to do an adventish thing for the 8 days. I find myself in such a difficult place as a parent. When I see things in the store that I know that they would love I want to buy them, and I did with a few items, while knowing that I don't actually need to buy them anything, because they get things from so many lovely people in our family, plus from wonderful friends. They get so much that I think its hard for them to appreciate everything. I did some recirculating before the holidays, but I'm going to have the kids do some purging before Christmas because its so important to realize the depth of what we have. Anyway, it was a fun holiday to spend together, just the 5 of us. Hopefully we'll be with some Rosenbergs next year!




I gave them the lollipops from Nauna and Zeyda in the tub to prevent a sticky house, however it didn't prevent a sugar-hopped-up Siri from uncontrollably screaming at bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment