Tuesday, January 20, 2009

He Was Lost, But Now He's Found...Again


I had to make a second trip to the mall tonight. As I was getting Emma ready for bed I realized that "Leo" (from the Little Einsteins) had gone into Old Navy with us, but had not come out. First I'll give you a little background: this is actually Leo #2. Emma left the first Leo in Buy Buy Baby the very day she got him! We do not prefer to be in the habit of buying our kids toys each time we go to a store, but this day we found these plush toys at The Disney Store 50% off! (We do prefer to buy things for less than full price!) We did not find Leo that first day...he must have fallen asleep while playing hide and seek with Pooh and the gang...we off we headed, back to The Disney Store to buy another half-price-Leo. I will say that while it was Emma who lose her own toy, she was not yet 3 years old, and I really didn't think that she had the ability to take sole responsibility for a toy.
Leo #2 was safe for a few weeks, and then came the dreadful day that he spent on the street around the corner from our apartment building. When I found him later that evening I do believe he had tire tracks on his large head. But we found him! No, I Emma never even knew that he was lost that time, nor did she will she know that I found Leo tonight thrown on top of a basket of toys at Old Navy, but it makes me pretty stinkin' proud when I save a toy, and ultimately save myself the heartache of having to break it to the 3 year old!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys have started a blog...I love catching up this way! And DC...wow! What a huge change! I'll be praying for you guys during this transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are moving this Sunday, I can't believe this is your last week here, I can't believe Saturday is your last Shabbat service at Shuvah, but i do know it is God's perfect will. As I was reading the Torah portion (Bo) for Saturday I couldn't help thinking about how impossible it must have been for Moses to move 600,000 people "in haste!" And, especially for you Laura, can you imagine it? No time for bread to rise!!!??? Then there's Helene and I, and God is asking us to "Let His people Go!" Well I never could stand Pharoah anyway, so we have released you into God's will...besides, I really don't like plagues anymore than Pharoah! We love you and we know the sea is about to part for you, to begin a marvelous new journey, it may feel like a wilderness at first but the desert seems to be the only route to the promised land! We release you and Matt, Emma & Siri into God's perfect will. We can't wait to see how wonderful the future looks!

    ReplyDelete