Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bible Pages and Chipboard

This is a Christmas gift that I just finished. I had some chipboard letters that I didn't know what to do with and an ugly wall hanging that I had gotten on sale a long time ago to use for a mosaic. I went with a Christmas theme and stuck chip board letters on my board to spell, " A Child Is Born." then I cut out the pages from an old Bible from the passage telling of the Messiah's birth (Luke 1-2) along with some passages from Matthew and Isaiah, (5 pages in total.) My husband dyed the pages in coffee for me and then I decopauged them over the chipboard letters. I mixed the pod podge with water and that was helpful to get the paper wet enough to manipulate around the letters. It was meticulous, but I did it in one day in between playing Candyland and baking birthday cakes. I haven't decided if I'm going to mod podge over the whole thing, and I might add some light application of brown paint around the letters to make them pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment