Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Visit

My whole family recently came to visit us all the way out here for 10 days. For the first 3 days Matt, myself and Ty flew to North Carolina for a young leaders retreat. It was awesome and really refreshing. While we were gone Terry and Stacy took a couple of days to themselves at a lodge in the mountains, and the grandparents had 3 energy-suckers to take care of :) They all had a great time! So, when we got home from the east coast we got right into the the visit! The 2 younger generations spent the first day in Seattle at story time on a 100 yr. old tug boat, Pikes Market, and the REI flagship store (Terry's second home), while the grandparents rested! On Friday we took all the kids to Emma's class trip to the pumpkin patch where my very unadjusted city girls freaked out multiple times at the mud. On Sunday we took a nice day trip up to Whidbey Island where my dad was stationed while in the navy, and on Tuesday we all went back in to Pikes Market and REI again...so Terry could get his fix. It was so great to have my family here. I miss them so much and wish I could live near them.




No comments:

Post a Comment