Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our Excellent Week

On Friday night we returned from a kid free, week's vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Matt and I shared a house with our friends, Erin and Eric McAdams and Tom and Laurie O'Connell, and their 3 month old, Elsie. It was so great! Matt and I had never stayed in a rented vacation house like that before, and we definitely recommend it! Each couple had their own bedroom and bathroom, and all the common spaces were huge. We were beach side, and had only one excellent beach day, but we were there to relax, and we accomplished that.
It's funny because when leaving my kids behind I'm initially overcome with "mom guilt," you know, "Why do I think I need a vacation? How can I leave them behind?" And those few moments should never keep someone from taking a much needed break! We need it more often than we think! For a whole week I was able to do only what I wanted to do, go to sleep when I wanted, go out when I wanted, get up when I wanted. And I got up around the regular time each morning, but by the end I was so rested! It has been so great to come home rejuvenated, refreshed, and ready to be a better mom. We need those alone times to keep our lives in the right perspective. It was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment