Monday, September 28, 2009

Growing Up

So, I've been wanting to write about this for awhile, but I guess I haven't really felt up to it, for no particular reason. :)
In my experience, with my kids, their development has generally been graphed as a sharp incline, doing lots of new things, followed by a plateau, during which I become accustomed to their behavior. Then, all of a sudden, there will be another drastic change, and they'll change again, from infant to toddler, toddler to preschooler, etc.
Emma has recently made one of those changes. Her verbal exchanges suddenly changed from being almost word for word from a video or repeating what Matt and I say to real thought out sentences, pieced together in her own brain. The other day she asked me how God made the world, and before I could answer she asked me how God made land. While at the shore a few weeks ago Emma was praying at bedtime and she thanked God "for bring us to the beach," all without prompting.
Now, Siri is not without change! She took quite a while to talk, and she is blurtin' out conversation now! My favorite age is still 1-2 years. :)
So, now we're just waitin' for the next change!

No comments:

Post a Comment